The women’s rap collective “Somos Mucho Más” [We Are Much More] calls for participation of women interested in Hip Hop culture, spoken word, and audiovisual projects to participate in the 1st International Festival of Women’s Hip Hop in Cuba [1er Festival Internacional de Hip Hop Femenino en Cuba], to be held from September 23 to 25, 2016 in Gibara (Holguin), Cuba. The deadline for submissions is May 30, 2016.
This festival aims to make visible, to legitimate, to disseminate and to promote art made by women; see the following guidelines:
- Cuban and foreign citizens, residing in Cuba or not residing in Cuba are all eligible.
- Entries should be submitted in the form of proposals, indicating the title and topic, and should be accompanied by an entry form.
- Participants must submit an abstract. Shows and performances should be no longer than 20 minutes each. Lectures should not exceed 15 minutes.
- The Organizing Committee of the Festival will select the participants from the proposal abstracts.
- The admissions capacity for the event is limited.
- Participants from abroad must cover their expenses; the organizing committee will coordinate their stay in Cuba.
- Prospective participants should fill out the entry form and send all information to: firstname.lastname@example.org by May 30, 2016.
For guidelines on submitting proposals and entry forms, see https://negracubanateniaqueser.com/2016/04/13/convocatoria-1er-festival-internacional-de-hip-hop-femenino-en-cuba/