The University of the West Indies (UWI), Mona Campus, Jamaica, has announced a search for a senior lecturer/lecturer for the Department of Literatures in English. [The deadline for applications is January 31, 2014.]
Applicants must satisfy the following essential criteria:
- PhD (with specialization in Drama and Film Studies)
- Relevant teaching experience
- Demonstrated scholarly research
Applicants who also possess the following will be at a distinct advantage:
- Certificate in University Teaching
- Ability to teach in areas other than areas of specialization
- Experience supervising MPhil/PhD students
- Evidence of prior grant acquisition
- Administrative experience within an Academic Institution
- Evidence of Curriculum Development (face to face or distant delivery modes)
- Evidence of contribution to the Public Service OR field of Study
The successful candidates will be required to:
- Teach, research and participate in the strategic planning and management of teaching and learning, including curricula development within the Department and wider Faculty;
- Contribute to the life of the University and advance teaching, research and community outreach.
For further particulars regarding the University of the West Indies and the Department of Literatures in English, please visit us at http://www.mona.uwi.edu/ and/or http://myspot.mona.uwi.edu/liteng/.
Applicants are required to submit a curriculum vitae (inclusive of a statement on teaching and research interests) giving full particulars of qualifications, experience, the names and addresses of three (3) referees (one of whom should be from your present organization) and copies of academic qualifications. These should be sent by electronic mail to email@example.com for the attention of the Director, Human Resource Management Division, The University of the West Indies, Mona Campus, Kingston 7, Jamaica. The final date for receipt of applications is January 31, 2014.
The successful candidate is expected to assume duties on August 1, 2014.
The University of the West Indies is a dynamic, international institution serving the countries of the Commonwealth Caribbean. At 65 years old, the institution represents the oldest of its kind within the region; offering a wide range of undergraduate, masters and doctoral programmes in Humanities and Education, Pure and Applied Sciences, Science and Agriculture, Engineering, Law, Medical Sciences and the Social Sciences.