CENTRO, the Center for Puerto Rican Studies at Hunter College-CUNY has just announced a position as Research Associate.
- Conducts academic research in connection with CUNY programs; may assist faculty, staff, and students in conducting research and lead research efforts involving others.
- Develops research plans and proposals and participates in acquiring funding
- Collects, analyzes, and assures validity of data
- Writes progress reports; writes and publishes findings
- Collaborates with internal and external colleagues
- Adheres to standards for safety and hygiene and ethical conduct as defined by the University and relevant outside parties
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The Center for Puerto Rican Studies (Centro), the only University-based research institute in the United States devoted to the interdisciplinary study of the Puerto Rican experience, seeks an academic researcher with expertise in any one of the wide range of disciplines within history, social sciences, or behavioral sciences, including those interdisciplinary in nature, to complement its current research capacity.
The Research Associate reports to the Center Director; responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct academic research and publish studies in peer-reviewed journals and other academic venues on Puerto Rican stateside communities.
- Present papers at disciplinary conferences.
- Write proposals and seek grants to fund academic research projects.
- Engage in collaborative research projects with other Centro staff.
- Work with student interns on research and related projects as assigned by the Director.
- Support and perform other research related duties as assigned by the Director.
- Participate on Centro-wide staff committees.
This is a non-tenure track position. Employment is from year to year up to a maximum of 2-3 years. Start date: Fall semester 2019
Doctoral Degree in a related field and demonstrated research ability.