[Many thanks to Chiara Merino for bringing this item to our attention.] The Program in Latin American Studies (PLAS) at Princeton University, extends an invitation to members of the academic and artistic communities of Puerto Rico to apply for the Visiting Scholars and Artists from Puerto Rico (VISAPUR) program as visitors at the university in the summer of 2018. This effort aims to provide relief to scholars, students, and artists by allowing them to continue their work at Princeton on a temporary basis. The visitors program provides a range of support including a stipend to cover living expenses, access to libraries and other scholarly material, and an opportunity to engage with colleagues at Princeton.
PLAS strongly encourage submissions by May 15 but will continue to review until June 1, 2018.
Description: PLAS invites scholars from Puerto Rico to apply to be a visiting faculty scholar or artist during the summer of 2018 (for a period of two or more weeks between June 11 and August 31). Selected faculty will be granted the status of Visiting Fellow and selected artists will be granted the status of Visiting Associate Professional Specialists or Fellow. Princeton University will provide a stipend to cover lodging, meals, local transportation, and roundtrip airfare. Faculty scholars may bring with them one or two graduate students who will also be given a stipend and access to scholarly resources. All fields of research will be considered. Faculty members, scholars, and graduate students will be assigned offices in the PLAS. We will also seek studio space for artists. Individuals will be appointed to specific visiting ranks based upon education and qualifications.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until available slots are filled. PLAS strongly encourage submissions by May 15 but will continue to review until June 1, 2018.
Application Requirements for Scholars:
- A two-page description of your research project, including an indication of the nature of the resources to be used while at the University and specification of the faculty member(s) with whom you wish to work (to start, you may want to review the list of PLAS faculty affiliates here).
- Your full curriculum vitae (CV), and if applicable, the CVs of up to 1-2 graduate students.
- One-page statement on your understanding of the role you may play in the reconstruction of Puerto Rico upon your return, especially with regard to the future of your academic institution.
- Recommendation letter from a senior faculty colleague, department chair, and/or dean.
Application Requirements for Artists:
- Your full curriculum vitae (CV).
- A one-page description of your artistic project, including an indication of how your project is related to the crisis in Puerto Rico or how your project will support the reconstruction of Puerto Rico upon your return.
- A letter of reference.
For more details on how to apply, please visit https://puwebp.princeton.edu/AcadHire/apply/application.xhtml?listingId=6721