HaitiLibre recently shared this call for submissions to the contest for the 36e Prix international du jeune écrivain de langue française [36th International Prize for Young Writer in the French Language], for writers between 16 and 26 of age. Here are the guidelines posted by HaitiLibre.
The Young Writer Award rewards fiction works (short stories, tales or stories) written in French, in prose, by young authors of all nationalities, aged 16 to 26 years. Each participant guarantees the originality of the text of which he is the author. All borrowing from previously published texts, including in newspapers or magazines, or on the Internet, must be expressly reported. At the time of registration, the text must never have been submitted to the PJE, nor awarded by another jury.
Who can participate?
Candidates must have been born between 1 January 1994 and 31 December 2003. With the exception of the first Prizes, former winners may participate again if they fulfill the age requirements. The author must not be bound to a current or past publishing contract, neither for the proposed text nor for any other text.
Each candidate can only send one text:
- Text in Word or OpenOffice or Libre Office format
- Number of words between 2,500 (minimum) and 6,800 (maximum)
- Time New Roman type font (recommended) / size 12 spacing 1.5 / margins 1.5 cm on each side
- To respect the anonymity: neither name of author, nor signature, nor illustration
- The pages must be numbered
- A title is essential
Any texts not in compliance with the rules will be held out of competition.
All registrations are made online on the website www.pjef.net
- Fill out the registration form (identity, contact details, etc …)
- Download the text according to the procedure described on the site
- Registration fees: 20 € for French candidates (regardless of their place of residence
- Fees to be paid via the website. Not reimbursed for non-compliant text
- Foreign applicants (regardless of their place of residence) are exempt from registration fees
- Each candidate receives an acknowledgment of receipt and a certificate of validation of his registration with a registration number
Deadline for participation: Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at noon (time zone of Paris – UTC/GMT+1)
- Edition of the new awards in a collection, published by Buchet / Chastel
- Invitations in France
- Lots of books
- Writing workshops
Phone from France: 05 61 56 13 15 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone from abroad: 00 335 61 56 84 84 – email@example.com