Join us in celebrating Smith and Benjamin’s Bahamian Art & Culture’s 400th issue. I love the cover art by Bahamian resident artist Kim Smith—“Mangrove Tranquility” (2010).
This issue’s recent announcement tells us that Smith’s new exhibition—“Two Centuries of Smith 1819–2019”—is a display of hyperrealistic drawings by Kim Smith and his great-great-grandfather, Edward William Smith. It is now on view at the D’Aguilar Art Foundation until end of January 2020. The foundation is located at 8A Virginia Street, Nassau, New Providence, Bahamas.
Here is more information on the latest issue:
- Susan Katz Lightbourn“Home” at NAGB: ON VIEW
• Kim Smith “Two Centuries of Smith”: ON VIEW
• Max Taylor and John Cox “Eclipse” at Current: ON VIEW
• ACE Diabetes Health Expo: TOMORROW
• Nassau Music Soc. “Bahamian Showcase”: TOMORROW
• Jazz at Jacaranda Christmas Special: SUN, DEC 1st
• Dr. Davidson L. Hepburn Book Launch: WED, DEC 4th
• Plus news and stories featuring Bahamians: Anina Major, Janeen Walker, Obediah Michael Smith, and more.