Fresh Milk Barbados has just posted a call for Transoceanic Visual Exchange (TVE), a series of programs taking place this year between Barbados, China and Trinidad and Tobago. Here is their call for submissions for artists practicing in the Caribbean, China and their diasporas. See description, submission requirements, and related links below. The deadline for submissions is June 28, 2019.
Open Call: Transoceanic Visual Exchange 2019—The Fresh Milk Art Platform (Barbados), China Residencies (NY and China), The Barbados Museum and Historical Society, I: project space (Beijing) and Alice Yard (Trinidad & Tobago) are pleased to welcome submissions of recent film and video works—screenings, installations, new media and expanded cinema—by contemporary artists, to be included in the third edition of Transoceanic Visual Exchange (TVE), a series of programmes taking place this year between Barbados, China and Trinidad & Tobago. Submitted works must have been completed in the last five years and must be made by artists practicing in the Caribbean, China and their diasporas.
TVE will be a collection of recent artists’ films and videos from each region. However, the final shape and content of the programme will be informed by a community curatorial process, which aims to involve and promote discussion within the wider arts communities of each participating initiative.
Working between the Caribbean, China and their diasporas, TVE aims to negotiate the in-between space of our cultural communities outside of traditional geo-political zones of encounter and trade. TVE intends to build relations and open up greater pathways of visibility, discourse and knowledge production between the regional art spaces and their communities.
- Must be work from artists practicing in the Caribbean, China and their diasporas;
- Must be work that has been completed/made in the last five years;
- Can be films of any length (shorts, experimental, features and video artworks);
- Can be in any language (films originally produced in regional languages are welcome);
- Multiple submissions are welcome;
- Must be accompanied by a description of the work (500 words max), a bio (200 words max) and details of any technical requirements i.e. audio, installation, equipment required, preferred setting etc.;
- Works must be in the form of mp4 files no larger than 100MB, or private Vimeo / Youtube links (please provide passwords);
- Works must not have been submitted to previous editions of TVE;
- Please specify whether your submitted works have permission to be exhibited on an online space.
Deadline for submissions: 28th June 2019
For more information on TVE and its first two iterations, visit the TVE website.