The National Art Gallery of The Bahamas (NAGB) is seeking a dynamic Communications and Development Manager.
The National Art Gallery of The Bahamas (NAGB) now has an exciting opportunity for a creative, talented and professional Communications and Development Manager with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a passion for outreach, fundraising, public relations at the nation’s premier cultural institution. The Communications and Development Manager would also be responsible for assisting the Executive Director with the planning and production of public fundraising campaigns for exhibitions, general programming and capital projects.
The individual would also oversee the museum’s communication and publicity efforts and is responsible for the day-to-day management and implementation of the museum’s public relations and outreach efforts, media relations, programming initiatives and, most importantly, digital communications strategies, including the website.
- Develop strategies with Executive Director and Chief Curator to enhance the NAGB’s public identity and positioning, foster positive external relations, build strategic alliances, and play an active role as a spokesperson and representative of the NAGB.
- Assess current NAGB branding and strategies for its intelligent evolution over time and in alignment with mission, vision and goals of the NAGB.
- Supervise and manage the research and preparation of all foundation, corporate and government grant proposals, and oversee grant administration and reporting.
- Assist Executive Director in supervising capital works projects.
- Facilitate and initiate communication to foundation, corporate and individual patrons to secure funding or begin the process of engaging for support.
- Develop a strategy for sponsorship, for both NAGB programs and exhibitions. • In collaboration with the Executive Director, prepare corporate and individual fundraising mailings, including letters and proposals.
- Work with the Executive Director and Chief Curator to build out short-term and long-term growth strategies for the entire museum.
- Write press releases and blog entries about exhibitions and gallery programming activities.
- Manage museum’s external communications, including coordination of any digital, television and radio appearances; not limited to radio ads, TVC, print advertising.
- Maintain updates on NAGB website.
- Coordinate content across all social media platforms and bi-monthly newsletters under the supervision of the Chief Curator, ensuring that these strategies are optimized in relation to the aesthetic aspects of the museum and its brand in signage and spatial utilization.
- Manage museum tours for schools, donors and VIP guests.
- Assist with writing PR communication materials for exhibitions.
- Assist with organization of Blank Canvas radio show and Facebook page.
- Perform general administrative duties, including scheduling of events or assisting at programming talks and/or screenings.
- The ideal candidate will be results oriented and capable of working autonomously with the tact and professionalism and shall additionally meet the following requirements:
- A Master’s degree is preferred, but qualified candidates will possess at least a Bachelor’s degree in a related field and more than three years of relevant experience.
- Previous working experience in communications, development, social media in a fast paced cultural environment, including experience in a supervisory/management capacity.
- Must have the ability to plan, prioritize and manage workloads whilst meeting deadlines.
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and organizational skills, including ability to manage multiple projects and work effectively with different stakeholders.
- Exceptional writing and oral skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Some knowledge of working with Adobe Suite, MailChimp, Google Drive.
For original call, see https://nagb.org.bs/jobs?fbclid=IwAR2ruJkhOPynnPbi0–p60ot49qYDXT0Am2VA36Ei1aVfAMsr728M4IrCOI