The Organizing Committee of “Baila en Cuba,” the World Congress of Dance and Dance Academies of Casino and Salsa [Encuentro Mundial de Bailadores y Academias de Baile de Casino y Salsa] has announced a call to participate in its thirteenth edition, to be held from November 11 to 17, 2018, in Havana. This year’s congress is dedicated to Afro-Cuban music and its influence on dance.
“Baila en Cuba” will have a comprehensive program, including dance classes focusing on different genres of Cuban music and evening concerts with prestigious casino and salsa orchestras.
Venues: Centro Cultural Salón Rosado de la Tropical Benny Moré and Cuba’s National School of Art (Escuela Nacional de Arte, ENA).
– People over 16 years old may participate.
– Registration may be requested for individuals, dance partners, or academies.
– To participate in a teaching program, teachers must be accredited by an academy.
– Classes will be organized according to the level of the participant: beginner, intermediate, intermediate-advanced, or advanced.
– Travelers must arrive in Cuba with an insurance policy that covers medical care and unexpected illnesses through ASISTUR.
[Many thanks to Peter Jordens for bringing this item to our attention.]
For more information, see http://www.eventobailaencuba.com