Since 1982, Ediciones Torremozas has specialized in publishing literature written by women, with special attention to poetry and short story. With a trajectory of 30 years and over 500 titles, the Publisher has offered invaluable prospects to poets and short story writers in the Spanish-speaking world. Now, the publishers have just announced their call for submissions for the XXVII “New Voices” Award for Poetry (Premio “Voces Nuevas” de Poesía).
This is a great opportunity for poets in the Caribbean and its diaspora who write in Spanish. The deadline for entries is February 28, 2014. See guidelines below:
1. Women poets of any nationality, which have yet to publish in book form, may participate by submitting poems written in Spanish and not previously awarded through any other contest. Participants must become subscribers to “Torremozas Collection” or “La Divina Tula” before February 28, 2014.
2. The poems, with freedom of subject and form, must be unpublished in their entirety. Each contestant will send ten poems.
3. Participants shall submit a single copy of each poem printed single-sided.
4. Poems submitted must be signed by their authors, with an address, telephone number, and a brief biography.
5. The submissions should be sent to Ediciones Torremozas, Apartado 19032, 28080 Madrid, Spain, indicating the award title on the envelope: “Para el Premio Voces Nuevas.” The deadline is February 28, 2014.
6. The selected poems will be published under the title “New Voices” [Voces Nuevas]—a volume of Torremozas Collection.
7. The award decision will be announced during the month of March and will be final.
8. Participation in the “New Voices” contest implies full acceptance of its rules and final decision, which includes the option to not award anyone, at the discretion of the publisher.
For more information, see http://www.torremozas.com/epages/ea0701.sf/es_ES/?ObjectPath=/Shops/ea0701/Categories/Premios