Support for Tessanne Chin on The Voice grows

unnamed

A post by Peter Jordens–Thanks Peter!! We’ll all rooting for Tessanne.

Fans of Jamaican singer Tessanne Chin are preparing to see her perform in the Semifinals of NBC’s The Voice (USA) on Monday, December 9, 2013 from 8 to 10 pm EST. She will be competing against four American contestants – Jacquie Lee, Cole Vosbury, James Wolpert and Will Champlin – for a spot among the Top 3 Finalists. Will she succeed?

Jamaica Gleaner’s Janet Silvera reports that according to an internal poll of online voters by E! News, 43 per cent of Americans think Tessanne Chin will outclass the other four contestants and eventually take home the coveted the crown. Lawman Lynch, a Jamaican radio personality and youth activist now based in Brooklyn, New York, reacted to the E! News poll saying that he was not surprised. “With Americans giving Tessanne a 43 per cent chance of winning, this means the other four competitors have to share 57 per cent among themselves. Tessanne has gone from pursuing her own dreams to championing the hopes and aspirations of an entire nation, the Caribbean and the Diaspora.” He added that he has no doubt Tessanne will continue to shine in the world of entertainment and make an indelible mark in the global arena. “There is absolutely no song, I mean NO SONG, she can be given that she’s not able to conquer and that is what makes her ‘The Voice’ for the new era.”

unnamed

According to Michelle Stark of the Tampa Bay Times, “the Jamaican powerhouse has been among the best singers since day one, and she’s proven to be incredibly consistent. Her voice always sounds terrific, even when her coach Adam Levine (who, despite having three contestants left, might not be a very good coach?) saddles her with dud songs like Many Rivers to Cross. In terms of sheer vocal ability, she already sounds like a professional singer. Tessanne should win.” Meanwhile, Marnie Brodersen, a freelance writer at Wetpaint, says that “the Jamaican singer commands the stage and mesmerizes viewers and judges alike” and mentions five reasons why Tessanne has a good shot at winning: “Music is in her blood, the coaches love her, she looks the part, her style of music is unique, and she’s got major experience under her belt.”

For the complete, original articles, go to http://jamaica-gleaner.com/latest/article.php?id=49810,

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/media/ranking-the-voice-top-five-whos-the-best/2155888 and

http://www.wetpaint.com/the-voice/articles/2013-11-12-5-reasons-tessanne-chin-will.

As Jamaica Observer’s Gorgette Beckford reports, Tessanne recently appeared on Good Day LA, a TV show in Los Angeles where The Voice is based. The show’s host, Steve Edwards, said to Tessanne: “You come from Jamaica, you’ve got the entire Caribbean rooting for you now, I’ve noticed that.”

Read the article at http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/entertainment/A-Good-Day-for-Tessanne_15587809 and watch the interview at http://www.myfoxla.com/story/24145274/tessanne-chin-makes-the-finals-on-the-voice.

Indeed, people across the Caribbean region and Diaspora will be holding Tweet and Watch Parties just before, during and after the Semifinal round of The Voice. Fans will continue their efforts to mobilize family and friends to vote for Tessanne Chin through toll-free calls (telephone and Skype), texts (Sprint), online votes (NBC), and iTunes downloads/gifting. The voting period for the Semifinals is from 9:55 pm Monday (December 9) to 11 am Tuesday (December 10) (EST).

See http://www.jamaicans.com/news/events/TeamTessanne-Mobilizes-For-Voice-Top-5-Semifinals-At-Global-Tweet-Watch-Parties-In-Cities-Across-America-The-World-December-9th-2013.shtml and http://www.jamaicans.com/music/articles_reggae/5-ways-to-help-tessanne-chin-get-votes.shtml.

The official guidelines for voting from within the USA are available at http://www.nbc.com/the-voice/vote.

For suggestions on how to vote online from outside the USA, watch these instructional videos:

‘How to vote for Tessanne Chin on The Voice from Jamaica’, by JTMusic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muhClux6XRs and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZk43qFrr1U;

‘How to Vote for Tessanne Chin on The Voice’, by Mamachel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHW4Y2x6oaY and http://mamachel.com/2013/11/how-to-vote-for-tessanne-chin-on-the-voice.

Bear in mind that the correct toll-free numbers, text messages and song titles to be used for Semifinal voting are not yet known but will be announced during Monday night’s live TV show.

2 thoughts on “Support for Tessanne Chin on The Voice grows

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s