Thanks again to Peter Jordens for sending this observation from News and Views by Dionne Jackson Miller (November 12, 2013). This is directed at Jamaicans, but I am sure many of our readers can relate to most of the reasons below. I, for one, am cheering!
- Who ever thought Jamaicans would be killing themselves to figure out how to vote for anyone? That alone makes the whole thing worth watching!
- We don’t get too many opportunities to unite behind a common cause. It’s fun to feel really patriotic.
- Watching The Voice is a welcome change from crime, politics and the Jamaican economy (even for those of us in the news business!)
- We love to watch Jamaicans outdo other nationalities.
- We REALLY love to watch Jamaicans outdo Americans.
- It’s awesome to see award-winning stars big up one of our own.
- Tessanne SOUNDS like a Jamaican.
- She said ‘Talk de tings” on a US network.
- We love sharing in her journey as she tries to fulfill her dreams.
- She can sing! No gimmicks, sheer talent that makes us proud.
What would you add to my list?