The Center for the Study of Rural Argentina of the National University-Quilmes is pleased to announce the Seventh Symposium of the Latin American and Caribbean Society of Environmental History [Sociedad Latinoamericana y Caribeña de Historia Ambiental–SOLCHA] to be held in Quilmes, Buenos Aires, Argentina, from October 15 to 18, 2014. The deadline is April 1, 2014.
The invitation to participate is open to those—from any discipline—who will examine the relationship between environment and society from a historical perspective. Applicants may propose thematic sessions or send individual papers. Sessions should have a minimum of 3 presentations and a maximum of 5; abstracts will be evaluated individually.
For the purpose of organizing the sessions, we suggest the following themes; of course, all proposals will be considered and new thematic clusters may emerge from the accepted abstracts.
• Culture of nature in Latin America
• The environment as object of study: social, political,
economic, historical, or geographical
• Natural sciences, social sciences, and environmental history
• Global environmental crisis: Responsibilities, tasks and
challenges for environmental history
• The state of the Latin American and Caribbean environmental history: historiography, theory, method, research, teaching and applied history
• City and environment
• History, environment, and the rural-woodlands sector
• Mining in Latin America and the Caribbean
• Changes in landscape
• Political Ecology
• Biodiversity and Conservation
Abstracts: Maximum of 2,500 characters (with spaces), 1.5-spaced, Times New Roman 12. Please include: title of the paper, name and institution of author or authors, email address, and the thematic axis being addressed. The committee will accept up to two papers by each author, either as an individual participant or in a session. The call is also open to posters proposal. These may address any of the issues discussed in the sessions.
The proposed sessions, presentations, and posters will be accepted until April 1, 2014, through the following email address: email@example.com
You may address questions to the Organizing Committee of the VII SOLCHA Symposium or Dr. Adrián Zarrilli at firstname.lastname@example.org