Co-organized by the University of Puerto Rico-Río Piedras, the University of the West Indies-Cave Hill (Barbados), the Virgin Islands Caribbean Cultural Center, and the Instituto Pedagogico Arubano, the 16th Eastern Caribbean Islands Cultures “Islands in Between” Conference on the Languages, Literatures and Cultures of the Eastern Caribbean will take place November 7-9, 2013, at the Instituto Pedagogico Arubano in San Nicolas, Aruba. The new deadline is September 15.
Suggested topics include:
● Language, Literature, Culture and Education in the ABC Islands
● Eastern Caribbean Drama, Poetry and Fiction
● Language and Culture, Identity, and/or Gender in the Eastern Caribbean
● Creole Linguistics/Creolization of Languages and Cultures in the Eastern Caribbean
● Art and Popular Culture of the Eastern Caribbean
● Eastern Caribbean Carnivals and Other Performance Traditions
● Culture and Politics, Society, History and/or Economics in the Eastern Caribbean
Papers should conform to the allotted fifteen minutes of presentation time and five minutes of question time. Please submit your proposal within the text of an e-mail and NOT as an attachment. Proposals should include: a one-page abstract (maximum 250 words), the author’s name, postal and e-mail addresses, home institution (if applicable), and a brief biography (50 words or less).
Please send submissions or inquiries to the Puerto Rico Conference Organizing Committee (Dannabang Kuwabong and Nicholas Faraclas): firstname.lastname@example.org
Information regarding the conference will be available on the Islands In Between Web Page at http://humanidades.uprrp.edu/ingles/students/resources/islandsinbetween.htm