The second Curaçao International Film Festival Rotterdam, which runs from April 4 to 7, 2013, includes nine Caribbean and six Latin American films among its 32 feature films. The nine Caribbean films are:
– Children of God (the Bahamas, 2009, Director: Kareem Mortimer)
– Ghett’a Life (Jamaica, 2011, Chris Browne)
– Habana Blues (Cuba/Spain/France, 2005, Benito Zambrano)
– Larga distancia / Long Distance (Cuba, 2010, Esteban Garcia Insausti)
– Melaza / Molasses (Cuba/France/Panama, 2012, Carlos Lechuga)
– Salsa Giants (USA/Curaçao, 2013, Pablo Croce)
– SistaGod (Trinidad and Tobago, 2006, Robert Yao Ramesar)
– Vrede: herinneringen aan Anton de Kom / Peace: Memories of Anton De Kom (Suriname/Netherlands/Germany, 2012, Ida Does)
– De wonderboom: kunst van Capricorne / The Wonder Tree: José Capricorne’s Art (Curaçao/Netherlands/Brazil, 2012, Tanja Fraai and Mike Ho-Sam-Sooi)
Also included in CIFFR 2013 are two Curaçaoan short films:
– E jardinero / The Gardener (8 minutes, Papiamentu, 2012, Fifi Rademaker and Clark De Wind)
– Quarantine: Another Building #1 (9 minutes, no dialogue, 2012, Kyle Abraham and Marcel Stomp)
For the full program of CIFFR 2013, visit http://www.curacaoiffr.com. The site is in Dutch and English.
Our thanks to Peter Jordens for sending us this item.