Caribsave have announced research project: Scholarships and Bursaries Call For Caribbean Nationals
Study areas related to Climate Change that can be considered for these Scholarships and Bursaries are:
Climatology; Geography; Geomatics; Environmental Sciences; Coastal Management; Water Resources; Sustainable Tourism; Gender Studies
The CARIBSAVE Partnership, the University of the West Indies (UWI) and the University of Waterloo (UW), Canada, have announced a joint research project entitled:
Partnership for Canada-Caribbean Community Climate Change Adaptation (ParCA)*
Students’ scholarships and bursaries will focus on ParCA; a project that will conduct comparative case study research in Tobago, Jamaica and two Atlantic Canadian provinces. The project will use a community-based vulnerability assessment (CBVA) framework in collaboration with coastal communities and local partners to identify vulnerabilities and exposures, and develop strategies for adaptation to climate change. Under this programme, funding is available for Caribbean Nationals to study at the University of the West Indies or the University of Waterloo at Masters and PhD levels.
ELIGIBILITY for Scholarships and Bursaries
- Must be a Caribbean National.
- Must have successfully completed an undergraduate or graduate degree at a high level in an area relevant to Climate Change including Climatology; Geography, Geomatics, Environmental Sciences, Coastal Management, Water Resources, Sustainable Tourism, Gender Studies.
- Must have been accepted and registered in a Masters or PhD Programme at UWI or UW
- (Please note: this does not preclude you from applying for a scholarship or bursary, acceptance and registration can occur post application)
- Evidence of professional experience in any of the fields indicated above will be an asset.
Applicants for Scholarships and Bursaries will be assessed by a Selection Committee established by the University of the West Indies, the University of Waterloo and The CARIBSAVE Partnership.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications should be sent via email to: The Office of Research, The University of the West Indies: firstname.lastname@example.org and must be copied to The CARIBSAVE Partnership: email@example.com When applying please include ‘ParCA’ as Subject in the email.
The following should be included in your Application: a current Curriculum Vitae; a covering letter including qualifications, professional experience, preferred study location (a named UWI Campus or Waterloo), your area of interest for graduate studies and full contact details for three Referees. Closing date for this round of applications is 19 March 2012.
For the original report go to http://www.travelmole.com/news_feature.php?news_id=2000532&c=setreg®ion=2