Holly Bynoe reminds us that the deadline for incoming submissions to be considered for publication in ARC magazine is around the corner: February 1, 2012, for Issue 5 (March/April 2012). [August 1, 2012, is the deadline for Issue 6-September/October 2012.] ARC (Art, Recognition, and Culture) is a Caribbean art and culture magazine dedicated to highlighting emerging and established artists. [For more on the magazine and its editors, see previous posts ARC: New Art Magazine Launched and ARC’s Holly Bynoe and Nadia Huggins: A Brief Interview with Repeating Islands.]
The editors are currently accepting submissions for review to be featured in their upcoming issues. These are their guidelines:
- All mediums are accepted for review once there is visual documentation, be it performance art, sculpture, installation, etc.
- Submissions are open for artists who are from the Caribbean region-continental included-and its diaspora. Scholars and academics working with regional and pertinent topics are also considered.
- Please see guidelines below [see link] for all image requirements, you can upload up to three images. If we are interested we will contact you to view extra material.
- You can upload a link to video work that is streaming on youtube or vimeo.
- Texts: fiction, non-fiction, prose, poetry and critical writing limited to 1,000 words should be submitted as an attachment in Microsoft Word or a file format we can open with Word. All articles should be typed and double spaced. All source material should be listed at the end of the article.
- Authors should feel free to include relevant images in JPEG format. Please don’t send enormous pictures with your submission. Max size per attachment is 1 MB. If your article or piece of writing has over 3 images, please email, email@example.com. You must include the word “submission” in subject line of your email to prevent it from being lost in the annals of spam.
- We do not mind multiple submissions, but if pieces have been submitted elsewhere, please let us know in advance. We are willing to publish a piece if it has never been published in English.
- Once an article is accepted, each contributor will have to produce a biography of 100 words and a photograph of themselves along with a link to his or her website. All articles should have full contact info of author.
- In an ideal world we would like to have the type of budget that would actively support the pockets of all of our talent- we are working on it- but till then in lieu of payment we will be providing free copies of ARC.
For more information and submission form, see http://arcthemagazine.com/arc/submit/
See ARC magazine at http://arcthemagazine.com/arc/home/
Shown above: Work by Caroline “booops” Sardine (St.Vincent and the Grenadines), from http://arcthemagazine.com/arc/2011/11/caroline-booops-sardine/