Prospective participants are invited to submit abstracts or posters for the Islands of the World XII Conference 2012. This conference will be held in the Virgin Islands (BVI) from 29 May – 1 June, 2012 at the H. Lavity Stoutt Community College. This conference is conducted every two years under the auspices of the International Small Islands Studies Association (ISISA).
The Islands of the World XII Conference 2012 Conference Theme is “Globalisation: Islands Adapting to Change”. The Conference objective is to stimulate discourse on how islands across the globe, and in particular the Virgin Islands and the greater Caribbean, are adapting to the changes that Globalisation has ushered into the 21st century. The desired Conference outcome is to place the islands of the world and the BVI society, in particular, within a better strategic position that would empower our island nations to become more in touch with pressing issues on the global stage, having participated in this international forum.
• Deadline for abstract or poster submission: 30 September, 2011
• Author notification for paper or poster acceptance: 31 December, 2011
• Deadline for submission of final papers or posters for inclusion in publications: 31 March, 2012
Abstracts or posters should be sent to email@example.com. All abstracts and posters will be subject to double-blind review. Any topic related to small islandness is invited.
Suggested Divisional Topics:
• Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation
• Health, Social Development and Philanthropy
• Financial Services, Tourism and Economic Development
• Entrepreneurship, Caribbean Governance and Business
• Alternative Energy, Sustainable Development, and Climate Change
• Education, Literature, History and Culture
• Information Technology and Disaster Management
For further information contact:
Dana Lewis-Ambrose, B.Sc. (Hons), M.Sc., Cert. B.A.